Skip to content

A No-Computer Weekend

August 23, 2010

I went into this weekend with a lot planned and decided to un-plug and take 2 days away from the computer.

Considering I sit in front of the computer screen for 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week (not including at-home computer time), I decided that I needed a bit of a break. Looking back, I don’t even know how I would have even had the time to do much blogging the past two days. Where did this weekend go?!

My Saturday was pretty much a blur. I dragged myself unwillingly out of bed at 8am to continue painting my office area in the basement (which I had started Friday night).  I got the walls done and just need to touch up the baseboards before I can start moving furniture – exiting!  I then ate breakfast and made my way out to the farm for a ride.  Chelsea had gotten new shoes Thursday deeming her un-rideable for a few days. (she’s always a bit sore after getting new shoes) So I rode Gambler, a young horse who is owned by the owners of the farm.  He is a sweet horse but boy is he a lot of work to ride! So Lazy!  After painting for 2 hours then the ride on him, I had to scratch my plan of doing Jillian’s 30 Day Shred. I was exhausted!  The rest of the day was spent running around doing shopping and groceries and then supper at my parents.  We had bison burgers which were awesome!  Bad Laura again because I didn’t get pictures because my camera battery had died.  The burgers were great though.

Did you know bison is actually leaner than chicken and turkey? Mmmmm.

Yesterday happened to be yet another blur. I was up at 6:50 am to eat and head out to the farm for my weekly shift cleaning the stalls. Thank goodness it went fast because I wasn’t quite feeling 100% yesterday. I even got all dizzy when working!  That’s something that would usually happen to me if I wasn’t eating but I definitely had a glass of water, big iced coffee and big bowl of cereal before heading out.  Upon returning home, I had a massive green monster, 2 pieces of toast with Nutella and a glass of milk. I still didn’t feel right!

I was pretty bummed about not feeling well because I had a run scheduled. With C’s advise, I listened to my body and skipped my run. I’m not going to lie, I was pretty upset with myself for missing a run this early in my current training program. Today’s another day though right?  🙂

Needless to say, since I wasn’t running, the middle part of my day was spent doing the fun stuff …. laundry.. dishes .. laundry!!! And last night we went to spend some time with our friends.  C and I got home at about 10:30 and looked at each other to ask at the same time “Where did this weekend go?”  I honestly think I need a weekend to relax from my weekend!!!

Should I say “Happy Monday”????

Only 5 more days to go. 😉

One Comment leave one →
  1. August 23, 2010 10:11 am

    One missed run won’t matter all that much in the end. 🙂 Sometimes we have to listen when our bodies are telling us to slow down.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: